The brain is an important part of the body. For controlling different parts of the body. It controls our lungs, heart and walking. It also influences how we think and feel. Therefore, you should speed up the performance and wellness of your brain. Luckily, there are some meals that can boost the performance of the brain and its memory. Below are some meals you should focus on for improved overall brain performance:
Fatty fish cannot miss out on any list that promotes the wellness of the brain. There are different kinds of fatty fish to choose from. They range from sardines, trout and salmon. Fatty fish contain high amounts of omega 3 fatty acids. A large percentage of the brain is made up of omega 3 fat. Therefore, frequently eating fatty acids supplies the brain with enough omega 3 fats. This fat will be used in building the nerve cells and the brain at large. Omega 3 fats mostly improve memory and learning. This fat has also benefited the brain in numerous ways. It reduces the risks of Alzheimer disease, slows done age-related mental problems, deals with depression and learning impairments. Fatty fish might also help increase grey matter in the brain. It is definitely an excellent choice for the wellness of the brain.
Coffee contains two vital components; namely antioxidants and caffeine. These two components positively influence the brain in numerous ways. Below are some of these effects:
- You become more alert- Caffeine in coffee gets your brain alert. It performs this function by blocking adenosine. Adenosine is what makes a person sleepy.
- It is linked with improved mood- The brain controls the mood of a person. Caffeine in coffee is capable of improving your mood. Coffee can improve your moods by triggering the release of happy neurotransmitters. Serotonin is one of these neurotransmitters.
- Improved concentration- Coffee is linked with improved concentration. This is the reason people drink coffee in between their shifts for improved concentration.
The antioxidants found in coffee protect the brain from different neurological diseases. These diseases range from Alzheimer and Parkinson.
Blueberries are special types of fruits. They present numerous health benefits to the brain. Blueberries contain anthocyanins, which helps the brain in numerous ways. This plant compound contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. These antioxidants reduce brain ageing complications and other neurodegenerative conditions. Some antioxidants found in blueberries enhance communication in brain cells. People who frequently consume blueberries attain improved memory. There are numerous ways blueberries can be consumed. It can be included in a smoothie or eaten as fruits.
Turmeric is a spice. It has a deep yellow look. This spice can also benefit the brain in various ways. Curcumin is the main component in turmeric that benefits the brain. This component directly enters the brain. Turmeric also contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds. Below are some benefits turmeric presents to the brain:
- It improves the memory of a person-Curcumin is the compound linked to improved memory. People suffering from Alzheimer can greatly benefit from curcumin. Turmeric can also help deal with amyloid plaques.
- It helps deal with depression- Turmeric helps boost dopamine and serotonin. These two hormones improve the mood of a person. Curcumin compound can improve the wellness of a person dealing with depression. It delivers results similar to that of an antidepressant.
- It promotes the growth of new brain cells- Turmeric can significantly trigger the growth of new brain cells. This can help deal with age-related mental conditions.
Turmeric can either be included in tea or on your food.
Broccoli contains different kinds of nutrients, antioxidants and different plant compounds. This vegetable also contains high levels of vitamin K. Vitamin K helps in the formation of sphingolipids. Sphingolipids fat is located within the brain cells. Vitamin K found in broccoli can also improve the memory of old adults. This process is gradual and takes times. The antioxidants and plant compounds can also protect the brain against different medical conditions.
Pumpkin seeds can drastically boost your brain wellness by fighting against free radicals. They are rich in minerals and powerful antioxidants. Copper, zinc, iron and magnesium are some minerals found in pumpkin seeds. These minerals benefit the brain in the following ways:
- Zinc- Zinc plays a crucial role in nerve signalling. People should take enough amounts of zinc or they risk certain neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, depression or even Alzheimer condition.
- Copper-Copper aids the brain control different nerve signals. Lack of enough copper triggers different neurodegenerative conditions. Pumpkin seeds can help you attain sufficient amounts of copper.
- Magnesium- Medical researches proved that magnesium can improve the memory and learning capabilities of a person. It also prevents some neurological conditions such as epilepsy, depression and migraines, among others.
- Iron- Iron is a very essential mineral. It aids in the wellness and normal function of the brain.
Frequent intake of pumpkin seeds can boost the wellness and the function of the brain. It also improves the memory of a person.
A lot of people avoid dark chocolate because of its bitter taste. However, do you know it contains compounds that can boost brain function and wellness? These compounds range from flavonoids, antioxidants and caffeine. Flavonoids in dark chocolate improve memory and learning capability of a person. Additionally, dark chocolate contains some components that may curb age-related conditions. A lot of researches have been conducted around the globe on dark chocolate. It was discovered that it can improve the mood of a person.
Nuts can benefit our bodies in numerous ways. It is can improve the health of the heart and the brain. People who frequently eat nuts are less likely to develop neurodegenerative diseases. Nuts can also help you attain a sharper memory. Studies have been carried out to prove that people who frequently eat nuts are likely to attain sharper memory when compared to those who don’t. That’s not all; nuts contain different nutrients, which promote the wellness of the brain. These nutrients are vitamin E, antioxidants and healthy fats. Vitamin E protects the brain against free radicals. Walnuts deliver excellent results when compared to other types of nuts.
Oranges fall under fruits and contain high amounts of vitamin C. Vitamin C plays an essential role in preventing mental conditions. Consider eating oranges if you want to lower the risks of Alzheimer condition and age-related brain complications. In addition to these, Vitamin C helps fight against free radicals as it is a powerful antioxidant. People who frequently take oranges might notice an improvement in the wellness of their brain functionality.
Eggs contain different kinds of nutrients, which can benefit the brain in numerous ways. These nutrients range from choline, folate, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B6. Choline aids in the production of acetylcholine. This neurotransmitter regulates memory and mood of a person. Choline also improves the functionality of the brain as time progresses. Vitamin B slows down age-related mental complications. Vitamin B12 and folate are also likely to help with depression symptoms. Folate also prevents some age-related brain complications. Vitamin B12 helps regulate sugar in the brain. Above all; eggs are easily available in the market.
Green tea is known to improve the functionality of the brain. It also improves focus, memory, performance and alertness. Green tea also contains other components that improve the wellness of the brain. L-theanine controls anxiety by triggering the production of Gaba, a neurotransmitter that triggers relaxation. Green tea also contains antioxidants and polyphenols. These two components protect the brain from different mental conditions such as Parkinson and Alzheimer. People who frequently take green tea are likely to attain improved memory.
The above meals can boost the health of your brain. These meals contain antioxidants and nutrients that benefit the brain in different ways. What are you waiting for? Try out any of the above meals for improved brain performance and memory.